Basic Video Editing – Windows
Below are instructions for performing basic edits in Shotcut, a free video editor which can be downloaded here - https://shotcut.org/
Open Shotcut, specify where to save the project, and give the project a name.
2. Drag your video file on to the timeline.
3. To add a new video track, click the icon with three horizontal lines, then..
4. Choose the option to “Add video track”.
5. Now you can drag and drop a still image (or PowerPoint slide) onto the new track you created.
6. To make an overlay, highlight the new image we just added to the project by clicking on it in the timeline. Then, click the “filters” button. Then, click the “+” button.
7. Now select the “video” button, then “size and position”
8. You can now click and drag the corners of the image to resize it on top of the other video. To reposition the image, click and drag from the center of the image.
9. Repeat this process for as many images/slides as you need. You can adjust the timing of the slides by clicking and dragging the clips in the timeline.
10. To create the final video file, click on the “Export” icon at the top of the screen, then select “export file”. Select a location on your computer to save the file, and give it an appropriate name.