Humanities Technology is happy to support undergraduate and graduate students in their educational process. You may stop by our Learning Lab (2118 Rolfe Hall), or our offices (1020 Public Affairs) if you need help.
UCLA Supported Software Tools
As a student at UCLA, your instructor may ask you to use some software tools that UCLA uses for instruction. Below find some instructions around some of the more common uses.
- Uploading a video as a response
- Taking a test using Respondus
- How to use Turnitin’s PeerMark assignment
- Connecting to a class or an instructor using Zoom teleconferencing
- Troubleshooting 3rd party cookies (required for video playback)
- Troubleshooting Flash (required for Respondus and audio recording)
Additional Suggested Software
While there are a lot of different tools available, the following represent a short list of good, mostly free (or limited cost) software applications.
- Affinity Designer for Mac – (MacOS) approx. $50
- Affinity Designer for Windows – (Win), approx. $50
- Pages – (MacOS) Free
- Affinity Photo for Mac – (MacOS), approx. $50
- Affinity Photo for Windows – (Win), approx. $50
- Gimp – (Linux, MacOS, Win) Free photo and image editing tool.
- Photopea – Free photo editing in a web browser.