By Isaiah Nolan on June 16, 2020
In July 2020, the Digital Services team at HumTech will began migrating the Humanities on-premise data center the cloud using Amazon Web Services (AWS). This migration will make it easier to support a wider variety of computing resources with more flexibility, usability, and reliability. AWS offers over 150 tools and resources, drastically increasing the amount of cutting edge solutions Humanities scholars can leverage. Below is a list of benefits and what this change means for you.
Benefits of AWS at a Glance
- Easy to use – AWS provides a management console to launch new resources with a click of a button.
- Flexible – Change the size and power of resources and migrate them with ease.
- Cost-Effective – Pay only for the compute power, storage, and other resources you use, with no long-term contracts or up-front commitments.
- Reliable – AWS has data centers all over the world to back up data.
- Scalable and high-performance – Clone environments to automatically spin up more resources when you need.
- Secure – AWS utilizes end-to-end security and tools to monitor your environment.
What this Means for You
- With more tools at your disposal you can create with the latest and greatest trends in technology.
- Leverage AWS to unlock as many resources as necessary.
- You will not be constrained to the size of the data center.
- Easier access to creating resources means faster time between request and creation.
- Don’t worry if you notice downtime during the migration, because we are expecting a limited amount.
- We will ask for your approval before service goes live in the cloud.
If you have any questions about the cloud migration and what it might mean for you, email firstname.lastname@example.org.