By Thomas Garbelotti on March 22, 2023
The Small Bytes workshop series returns in the spring of 2023!
We look to introduce a new instructional or research tool (or topic) on a weekly basis. These are not meant to be deep dives, but instead to learn the basics and discuss how they might specifically be applied to humanities research and teaching applications.
Each Small Byte should be an hour or less!
Our Spring 2023 subjects include –
- March 28 – Working with, and around artificial intelligence
- April 12 – Maximizing media repositories in Bruin Learn
- April 18 – Ethical approaches to social media data collection and publication
- April 25 – Data visualization with Python or Advanced retrieval strategies with an academic database
- May 5 – What you need to know about Bruin Learn as a TA
- May 11 – Using media as critical, inclusive, and accessible pedagogy
- May 18 – Choosing between technology, or not, in a face to face class
- May 23 – Video editing (with Adobe Rush or iMovie)
If you have suggestions for future Small Bytes, let us know!