By Lucian Tucker on March 12, 2020
HumTech is here to help with moving Humanities finals and instruction online as a result of COVID-19, and we are coordinating with all other support teams on campus.
Here is a targeted list of options for getting help with winter finals and spring-quarter course prep. When in doubt, email email@example.com.
Consultation and training resources
- firstname.lastname@example.org or 310-825-4864. For any request or question related to moving your finals and/or spring classes online. Monitored by a team of seven HumTech experts in tools like CCLE, Zoom, Respondus, Kaltura (for videos), etc. Request appointments for consultation here, too!
- https://ucla.zoom.us/j/865893942. 8am-5pm M-F. Dedicated Humanities remote support channel for any question or consultation with our instructional team. Requires audio capability; video is nice but entirely optional. (Note: Zoom works well on mobile devices, which have audio built in!)
- https://www.adminvc.ucla.edu/covid-19/academic-continuity/workshops. Zoom, CCLE and other workshops and drop-in slots available to all instructors, no RSVP. Staffed by experts from across campus.
- Beginning Monday 3/23: Turnitin and CCLE Online Workshop (Mon-Thurs 1-2pm) via Zoom. Led by our RITC team, they will help work through the settings of Turnitin using the CCLE integration. https://ucla.zoom.us/my/orc1040
- Beginning Monday 3/23: QB2 Quiz Bank Builder Online Workshop (Mon-Thurs 2:30-3:30pm). Led by our Instructional Programmer, Lillian Hawasli, who built the tool, she will guide you in setting it up and using it to import your question bank into CCLE. https://ucla.zoom.us/my/orc1040
- Schedule a department training! We have already visited several faculty/department meetings to do Zoom and CCLE training. Email email@example.com to request yours. Provide desired dates/times and what you’d like us to cover. We’ll do our best to be there!
Online help and guides
- https://humtech.ucla.edu/instructional-support/. Guides for humanists written by humanists on quizzes/exams, CCLE, course video, etc.
- https://ccle.ucla.edu/course/view/teaching-remotely. UCLA-specific. This community built site has some great tips, ideas, instructional videos, and best practices for those unfamiliar with remote instruction.
- http://docs.ccle.ucla.edu/. CCLE tutorials and guides. Many are targeted to getting exam materials online and prepping the start of a course.
- https://www.adminvc.ucla.edu/covid-19/academic-continuity. A constantly evolving page tailored to meeting the instructional mandates related to Covid-19. Includes resources offered across campus.
Discipline-specific guides (external)
- Humanities Commons | Bringing Your Course Online: https://teachingresources.hcommons.org/
- Creating Writing Courses Online: https://assayjournal.wordpress.com/moving-your-creative-writing-courses-online/
- Dance-based Pedagogy Online: http://dancestudiesassociation.org/news/2020/resources-for-moving-dance-based-pedagogy-online?fbclid=IwAR025Lg99v7KOcXRQNKtUlNkYv6P4jXdlJB_GBXrmuOcTFsNGxknF1tSyC8
- Teaching Theater Online: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1i-keJ_frOOEUa50CLAdz86hq5CxQwBQ2T4hbSI2nYdM/edit
- Teaching Music Online: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1SoERjaLMA1Tro1FTf5i8iLckaL03bL8Xuugr7el77Iw/edit
- Teaching Music and Audio Production Online: https://docs.google.com/document/d/13fYFK-_qaeVnIGdobLWmtGJfZLutB5181ZTxN9dmD2Y/edit#heading=h.mt2oyycj3ywx
We are better together. Let us know how we can help!
Main image: UC_Los_Angeles-040.jpg. Rights granted to the University of California for all marketing and editorial use.(https://images.ucla.edu)