HumTech (Humanities Technology) is seeking an undergraduate part-time Student Admin (10 hours./week at $15.00/hour). This person will provide support to the Administrative Manager and assist with the day-to-day office operations. This includes, but is not limited to, purchasing and processing PO’s/reimbursements, financial reconciliation, file organization and management, data entry, office organization, event coordination, and ad hoc special projects. In this role, you will learn how a UCLA business office functions while also learning various valuable and transferable administrative skills.
Currently, the department is working 100% remotely. This job will be remote until it is safe and UCLA returns to campus. This job may require ad hoc on campus work if allowable in the 2021-22 Academic Year.
This position will start as soon as possible and continue at least until June 2022, but has the opportunity to continue in Summer 2022 and in the 2022-23 Academic Year.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Processing PO’s and reimbursements on UCLA BruinBuy/Contacting vendors for goods/services, etc.
- Submitting paperwork to Accounts Payable and other offices/vendors
- Data entry (i.e. budget sheet) and reconciliation
- Research policies and procedures
- Filing paperwork (digitally and in-person if we return to campus)
- Scanning and archiving files digitally on a shared Box folder
- Organizing supply closets/Ordering supplies (if we return to campus)
- Assisting with Department Events (i.e. catering, organizing materials for events) (if we return to campus)
- Special Projects, as needed (i.e. updating processes how to’s, creating and organizing filing systems, updating name templates)
- Meetings with supervisor
In this role, you will gain skills in:
- UCLA Bruinbuy system.
- UCLA Travel Express system.
- UCLA Purchasing and Financial Policies/Procedure interpretation and understanding.
- Office operations.
- Time management, problem-solving, and record-keeping.
- UCLA Box, Microsoft Office, and Google Suite.
- Must be reliable/timely.
- Must be detail oriented and organized.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Have a willingness to learn new skills.
- Ability to be resourceful, to prioritize, and to work on tasks with minimal supervision.
- Ability to work cooperatively in a team environment and independently.
Preferred, but not required:
- Experience working with UCLA Bruinbuy system.
- Experience working with UCLA Travel Express system.
How to apply: