HumTech (Humanities Technology) is seeking an undergraduate part-time Student Admin. This person will provide support to the Administrative Manager and assist with the day-to-day office operations. This includes, but is not limited to, purchasing and processing PO’s/reimbursements, file organization and management, data entry, office organization, event coordination, and ad hoc special projects. In this role, you will learn how a UCLA business office functions while also learning various valuable and transferable administrative skills. Ideally, the candidate chosen will be able to work during summer and through June 2024 or longer.
To apply, fill out the form below by May 19, 2023.
Pay Rate: $16.25/hr
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Processing PO’s and reimbursements on UCLA BruinBuy/Contacting vendors for goods/services, etc.
- Submitting paperwork to Accounts Payable and other offices/vendors
- Data entry (i.e. budget sheet) and reconciliation
- Research policies and procedures
- Filing paperwork (digitally and in-person if we return to campus)
- Scanning and archiving files digitally on a shared Box folder
- Organizing supply closets/Ordering supplies (if we return to campus)
- Assisting with Department Events (i.e. catering, organizing materials for events) (if we return to campus)
- Special Projects, as needed (i.e. updating processes how to’s, creating and organizing filing systems, updating name templates)
- Meetings with supervisor
In this role, you will gain skills in:
- UCLA Bruinbuy system.
- UCLA Purchasing and Financial Policies/Procedure interpretation and understanding.
- Office operations.
- Time management, problem-solving, and record-keeping.
- UCLA Box, Microsoft Office, and Google Suite.
- Must be reliable/timely.
- Must be detail oriented and organized.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Have a willingness to learn new skills.
- Ability to be resourceful, to prioritize, and to work on tasks with minimal supervision.
- Ability to work cooperatively in a team environment and independently.
Preferred, but not required:
- Experience working with UCLA Bruinbuy system.
How to apply: