- This event has passed.
Embrace or Avoid? Luminos and Open Access
March 4, 2016 @ 10:00 am - 12:00 pm
Alison Mudditt will talk about the barriers, sensitivities, and practical challenges surrounding open access monographs and about the ways in which UC Press is addressing them via its innovative Luminos program.
Open access has enormous potential to increase the reach and impact of scholarship, but the growth of open access models is disrupting established norms and processes and raising some key questions:
• Who pays the publication costs for OA monographs?
• Will OA monographs “count” for promotion and tenure?
• Why do some scholars still regard OA content differently?
• How might open, digital models improve on the features and function of print monographs?
• How might peer review, publication, and dissemination evolve in an OA environment?
Admission is free, but RSVPs are requested.