Zoom Video Conferencing
What is Zoom?
Zoom is a video and web conferencing tool that UCLA provides for free to all its users for basic use. Through the UC-wide license agreement, a pro license may also be obtained at a discounted rate or free for eligible users.
How to sign up for Zoom?
To sign up for Zoom you will need your UCLA ID and password.
- Go to https://ucla.zoom.us/signin and sign in using your UCLA ID and password.
- Upon sign in you will get access to a Zoom basic license which is available to all UCLA users.
- To start a meeting, click host a meeting in the upper right hand of the window and follow the on-screen instructions.
- To join a meeting, click join a meeting in the upper right hand of the window next to host a meeting and enter the meeting ID provided by the host.
What is the difference between the Basic vs. Pro license?
- A Basic license will allow users to host an unlimited amount of one-to-one meetings with no time limit. It will also allow users to host unlimited 40-minute meetings with up to 50 participants. All UCLA users have a basic license by default.
- A Pro license allows users to host an unlimited number of meetings for up to 100 participants with no time limit. Users that have an active appointment in a department that uses CCLE will be able to activate a pro license by signing in to Zoom. If your not eligible then a license can be purchased by your department through Software Central.
Having trouble creating a Zoom account on UCLA's Zoom instance?
If you have previously created a Zoom account through Zoom’s website with your UCLA email address then you will not be able to create one on the UCLA Zoom instance.
To gain access to UCLA Zoom instance you will need to terminate your Zoom Public Account.
To terminate your zoom public account please follow these instructions: https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/201363243-How-Do-I-Terminate-My-Account-
Once completed, login to https://ucla.zoom.us/signin with your UCLA ID and password to create your UCLA Zoom Account.
For additional information about UCLA’s Zoom instance please refer to: https://ucla.zoom.us/