Daniel ParkSenior Systems Engineer
Daniel is the Senior Systems Engineer at UCLA HumTech. He is an alumni, who started his IT career at UCLA as an undergraduate, a technical assistant at UCLA’s Business Division. He was part of the team that installed the 10,000+ node switched network in 1995 (then the largest switched network in the western US). He installed the first CheckPoint Firewall on campus in 1999 and the first wireless bridge from Wilshire Center to the University Apartments in 2001. He spent the next several years in telecom and startup software companies. He recently returned to UCLA to join the fantastic team at UCLA Humanities.
What is your favorite sport?
What is your claim to fame?
I worked and went to school with Randall Park from Fresh Off the Boat. Also, I assisted US Olympian Michelle Kwon in the Housing Office the summer before she attended UCLA. They are all very nice people, as are all UCLA Bruins of course! I’d like to think I taught them everything they know, but that would not be true.
What’s your strangest quirk?
I have a strange need to try every reputable ramen noodle joint.
- Network Architecture
- Network Infrastructure Operations
- Unix Systems and Firewalls
- “UCLA BruinTech – Box Storage – Overview”, presentation at the 2016 BruinTech Speed Dating Event, UCLA, Los Angeles, CA (Sept 17, 2016).
- “UCLA BruinTech – Zoom Video Conferencing – Overview”, presentation at the 2016
- BruinTech Speed Dating Event, UCLA, Los Angeles, CA (Sept 27, 2016).
- “UCLA BruinTech – Password Management – Overview”, presentation at the 2016
BruinTech Speed Dating Event, UCLA, Los Angeles, CA (Oct 4, 2016).
- “UCLA BruinTech-A- Thon – F5 BigIP – Use Cases”, presentation at the 2016 BruinTech-A-Thon, UCLA, Los Angeles, CA (Apr 24, 2016)