Fill in the Blanks
Create a task with missing words in a text
The Fill in the Blanks allows e-learning designers to create cloze tests. Portions of words or sentences are removed from a text and the learner is asked to replace the missing text.
This functions as an assessment and includes the following interactivity(s): – question
This is a multipurpose content type that can be integrated into an aggregator content type, or used on its own. For more information on how H5P types work and how they interact, see http://humtech.ucla.edu/instructional-support/ccle-activities-resources/h5p/.
Fill in the blanks can be used effectively in language learning. A Fill in the Blanks assess the learner’s ability to understand context, vocabulary, or grammatical concepts in order to correctly replace the missing pieces of text.
In addition to native and second language learning, Fill in the Blanks can be used to test the learner’s ability to reproduce facts or mathematical inferences.
Fill in the blanks can be used stand-alone or they can be used in Question sets, Interactive videos, or Presentations. Either way, they are created in the same way.
Help and Resources
- Text tutorial – https://h5p.org/tutorial-fill-in-the-blanks
- Video tutorial – https://h5p.org/tutorial-fill-in-the-blanks
- How to add H5P interactive content to your course site – (http://humtech.ucla.edu/instructional-support/ccle-activities-resources/h5p/adding-h5p-interactive-content-ccle-course/)
- H5P – (https://h5p.org/)
- Content author guide – (https://h5p.org/documentation/for-authors)
- Tutorials for authors – (https://h5p.org/documentation/for-authors/tutorials)
- Multilingual content – (https://h5p.org/multilingual-content)
Logo and sample from https://h5p.org/documentation/for-authors/tutorials.